I had a great weekend, what about you?
Friday I was able to accomplish a few things on my list. It snowed overnight and all morning, into the afternoon, so when I left work right before lunch there was tons of snow on the road! Everything was white, the road, the sky, the ditches, everything! I had to drive 40 most of the gravel roads, because I had no idea where the road was, but praise God, he lead me safely to town!
I met my mom at the florist to go through all the flowers, and sort them into the different bouquets, boutineers and corsages etc. The florist had started working on some of the bunches, which were beautiful, so I'm very excited to see the final product!
Then I dyed my mom's hair, which is somewhat of a regular occurrence. It's easy and fun to chat! After that Ev and I headed to the city to spend some time with his parents. One of his mom's friends was over, helping her sew baby blankets. Her friend just became a grandma and they found out that the hospital needs a lot of baby receiving blankets to give to families, so she has started sewing a whole bunch of baby blankets. I helped pin the edges while we all visited, then ate supper and headed over to Bible study. It was so good to see all the ppl again and fellowship!
On Saturday we ended up leaving the city later then we wanted to, but all 4 of us (Me, A, K and Everett) made it out to my parents farm, and from there they guys went to our house to get some work done! They did prep work for gyproc, some cleaning up and framed a door way! I'm excited to see the progress!
In the afternoon we had our Christmas gathering, with my mom's side of the family! It was good to see the family again, and fun to visit and eat scrumptious food! Then it was back to the city for all 4 of us!
Sunday we were visiting a different church to hear one of Ev's friends preach! He did a great job, it was motivating and a good reminder of what True Love is, does, and looks like. How important it is for Christ followers to mirror that love to everyone around us! We also got tuxes ordered and measured, which was high time! I'm glad it's done! We spent the rest of Sunday with Everett's parents and then headed back
to our "neck of the woods" in the snow! I'm trying very hard to enjoy winter and the snow, but it's difficult for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment