Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Update on the wood floors

Everett worked really hard yesterday, with my brother and dad and they got tons accomplished and I can't wait to actually see it in person.  Ev sent me these pics, so I thought I'd give you all an update!

When you're looking at these pictures, if the wood looks like incredibly different colours, it's because some is super dirty with drywall dust and plaster dust and some is clean (because it was being protected by ugly lino during demo.)

Originally the floor looked like this, remember (carpet, linoleum and finally wood)

 
 
Then here's the during picture, looking great: 
(by the door if you look close you can see that it's not quite finished)
 
And.......NOW...finished :D
 
 
In the corner, there used to be a bit vent covering, but apparently it was useless or something, so they covered it up. (which I am sad about, because I loved that corner vent cover, but I'm told to just put it on the wall or something...)   Anywho, so they needed to replace the surrounding boards and cover the place where the vent was.

So here you can see the white, that's the filled in part, and surrounding if you look close needs boards too

And after, all filled in!
 
Woot woot, progress!  :D  I've got such hard working men in my life!  Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment